Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

#4 Web 2.0

Have read a lot about Web 2.0, at first I wondered what it was all about and thought it was some new development, a bit like the arrival of Vista or Windows 7.
I saw a YouTube clip a while ago that put it in perspective for me, the clip interviewed a variety of high school or uni students who were in a library and asked them what they thought of Library 2.0 tools, and Web 2.0. They were all dumbfounded and didn't know what it was until someone asked them if they used Twitter and Facebook and blogs and then they realised that they did know about it.
To me, the Web 2.0 movement is just a phrase for the development of a series of tools that can be used to make the way we communicate and access information faster, more inclusive and has opened up more opportunities to have feedback with people all around the world at our fingertips. It's exciting and kind of scary at the same time, and I wonder how I am ever going to keep on top of these developments!

2 comments:

  1. I love that video, it's such an important point to see the difference between how adults perceive things (and label them?) and how kids perceive them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great isnt it. I am having fun playing with igoogle, what a lot of time you can waste on it!

    ReplyDelete