Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 12, 2010

#9 and #10 Virtual worlds and Image Generators

This exploration caused me a bit of concern. I had heard of Second Life but not really looked into it before. I have never been into any gaming so none of the World of Warcraft interested me at all, I suppose if you were into that type of thing the 3D versions would be great.

I can see some benefits in creating a virtual world to test out new products, trading and other educational activities but I think there is something unnatural about wanting to create an avatar and lead a whole other life online! Maybe I really am a digital immigrant and am showing my age! Preferably I like getting out there and enjoying the real world and seeing it for myself rather than just a computer experience. I realise it does open up the lines of communication a bit more, but I still have reservations about being involved myself.

I thought the Image generators were a lot of fun and enjoyed creating an avatar of myself with doppelme and liked the say-it.com site too. Not too sure about the makemebabies! Will have to try it with some photos of my hubby and myself to see if our children are like the ones we should have!

2 comments:

  1. Imagine if they turned out exactly the same! That would be freaky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure would! I haven't actually got a good full frame photo of us yet, so that one will have to wait!

    ReplyDelete