Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 25, 2010

#18 and #19 Wikis and Rollyo

I have change my thoughts about wikis after exploring the various options listed. I can see the communal and collaborative benefits, particularly for conference organisation or classroom collaboration are extremely beneficial, from the point of view that editing can be done easily, collaboration is easy and the flexibility is great. This feature alone makes it more versatile than a blog or a webpage.
Having explored the various examples, I particularly like the Westwood school one and the example on Traditional Tales. The traditional tales one is like a newer version of webquests and I am tempted to try it out on my year 2 classes this term!
I would love to establish a collaborative wiki with classroom teachers regarding library lesson content, but I have a feeling that staff are not up to using the technology, many are still struggling with using IWB's and email! However, it is an option that can be explored at a later date and one that I will think about seriously. Again, there is a great opportunity to use this with my gifted and talented class on their projects this term, so I will work on that.

Had a look at Rollyo and signed up - www.rollyo.com/kimbeesley. I am not too sure that I will find this tool as useful as delicious, but I could see that it can be applied in the classroom to be a subject specific site directed just to students rather than have them see all of my favourite websites.
I am starting to become overwhelmed by all the possibilities!!

No comments:

Post a Comment