Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 25, 2010

#21 Online videos

I could spend hours researching and exploring this topic but had to stop myself from doing that.
My favourite sources are YouTube and TeacherTube because I really think they have the best videos and being the most popular are the first place to start searching for a video on anything.
I have been using youtube for videos in my classroom on the IWB this year on certain occasions and find that this resource is so well received by all students in the class. It appeals to most learning types, especially if the clip is not too long.
I really like the fact that in YouTube and TeacherTube you see a thumbnail of other related videos on the same topic, so you can find even more resources ( and get more sidetracked!)
The video that I have chosen to share on my blog is one I searched for about biodiversity. The reason I chose this is because I am working with my gifted and talented class on biodiversity this term and wanted a really easy video to show them that puts a definition of biodiversity into a format they could understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment